NOAH AOC

The Albinism Online Community
Welcome to NOAH AOC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Ad: Get involved in research

ARE ALBINOS - The Mother And Father Of The White Race?

Last post 05-23-2012 2:03 AM by Kfiddle. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-10-2012 5:18 AM

• RobertL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 155

ARE ALBINOS - The Mother And Father Of The White Race?

For many years I have held the view that 500 000 years ago in Africa there was a small number of Black African tribes which contained family members who were Albinos. It’s my belief that the elders of these tribes who were a rather superstitious lot [the Tribal Chief or Witch Doctor for instance] looked upon Albinism as a bad omen and took it upon themselves 'to banish from their tribe any Albino person or child born to them. I honestly believe that at some time they forced any Albinos to leave the tribe and to live elsewhere. So these people formed groups, which travelled north from Central Africa towards the Mediterranean and settled there. They settled in areas known today as Persia, Egypt and Israel. They created small villages and settlements, farms and had grazing land holdings; obviously they inter-married and had white looking offspring with blue eyes, and in time blonde coloured hair. These Albinos I am certain were the founders of what is known today 'as the white race'. May I add this information to support this theory of mine: Its commonly accepted that the human race originated in Africa, that this event may have happened maybe a million years or so ago, and this theory explain how black people from Central Africa were the forefathers of light skinned people such as those seen throughout Europe today. A good clue, or chain of thought, is how did European obtain ‘blue eyes’? What do you think and have you a better theory than mine? * I have refrained from using the description 'the Aryan race' to describe white people. This is a word made detestable for many by the acts of a small group of Germans, known as the N.azis during 1933-1945. Contributed by E R Wilson, Leeds, UK.
    • Post Points: 80
  • 04-10-2012 8:05 AM In reply to

Re: ARE ALBINOS - The Mother And Father Of The White Race?

Ummmm... No

The gene for albinism is the same among all races, even white people.  If being caucasion were caused by albinism, then there wouldn't be white people with albinism.  

Skin tone mutations happen because of where people lived, lifestyle, & other environmental factors.  Nothing to do with albinism.

• Post Points: 5
  • 04-11-2012 6:58 AM In reply to

• Pete1985
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-05-2007
    • Posts 62
    • Points 1,135
    • Post Points: 20
  • 04-11-2012 4:13 PM In reply to

I have to agree with the other respondents that albinism has no relationship to 'race'. Given all the nonsense we have to put up with, however, it would be good if we could claim some privileged position. While I was looking around the internet the other day I came across this on Yahoo Answers Has anyone converted to Albinism? Have anyone ever converted to albinism? How did you do it? What was it like? I am considering converting to albinism. I'm so tired of Christianity. I was raised a baptist and I find Christianity a judgemental, old fashioned religion. First I thought it was pretty funny. Then I thought lots of people have strange ideas about albinism so maybe we could turn it to our advantage and start our own religion. We are fairly rare so we could be like priests and other people would have to do things for us like driving us around etc. On a different topic, I came across quite a few responses to the couple who have put a human rights complaint about Albino Rhino beer in Canada. Quite a lot of hate expressed towards them on the comment pages of various sites mostly of the 'political correctness has gone too far' variety but some of it directed at people with albinism. It is quite frightening that there are people out there with really weird ideas about albinism. One person wrote that the complaint wasn't legitimate because the complainant didn't have pink eyes so she wasn't 'pure albino'! Apologies for digressing somewhat from the topic of the original post.
  • 04-12-2012 5:13 AM In reply to

• RobertL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 155

My original post wondered could it have happened that a group of Albinos formed a tribe of their own and questioned if this event had occurred what could we predict from their offspring. It's my view that the mating of two Albinos does not necessarily mean that all their off-spring will be Albinos, or all lighter skinned, but some will be dark skinned, others lighter skinned, some will have black eyes and others blue eyes, and the same with height and hair colour'. Perhaps in pre-historic Africa the people were not the same shade of dark black skin tones throughout the land but, may have contained lighter skin shades and even browns from the beginning of time? All I can say is my theory might have an element of truth in it and could indicate a genetic link that explains in simple terms how the palefaces evolved. Off –topic: As some might have guessed I am English, I lived in the USA for 3 years, 1979-1982, and whilst there I heard for the first time the word Caucasian. Shortly after my arrival I attended a job interview and the interviewer had ticked the job application tick box which described my race as Caucasian, I corrected him and told him I was English, from England and definitely not from Caucasia? We do not use the terms Caucasian in England, if anything we tend to say Anglo-Saxon.
  • 04-14-2012 4:21 AM In reply to

• Pete1985
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-05-2007
    • Posts 62
    • Points 1,135
  • 04-14-2012 8:18 AM In reply to

• RobertL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 155

Pete, and others make some very good points indeed. Pete questions whether a predominately albinistic tribe is feasible; in reply one can only ask him then is a tribe or group of chimpanzees, gorillas or cave men feasible? And lets not forget the Amazon Pygmies? The use of the word tribe or tribes is not pertinent here, because the small family group/s I speak about were not a tribe as such but a small number of nomadic families comprised of maybe 8 to 16 individuals. In time they gathered more members, settled and took up trades such as farming or bronze implement making, and one can easily imagine that at some time they had strict rules that only albinos, or light coloured people could be members of their tribe and they killed or made war against those who were not. Its argued we must not forget there were disabled, but, maybe out of necessity there disablement became secondary and was overcome and eventually they evolved into the founders of white society. Bear in mind the average lifespan then was about 12-18 years, with most never reaching maturity. It took say two million years from an Albino Adam and Eve to evolve into members of Mrs Caroline Astor NY 400 Club. * Pete mentions human compassion for the disabled being a modern occurrence. Surely long gone family groups with close paternal and maternal feelings about their offspring would have escaped this massacre of the innocents and who knows, maybe it was the birth of democracy, meaning the forming of government’s and political parties led by El Presidente or an equally mad corporal, which swayed popular opinion into allowing disabled children and adults to be killed.
  • 04-22-2012 2:27 AM In reply to

This thread serves no useful purpose.  It's idiotic, and I'm getting a distinct impression of racism from it (White people are genetically defective black people).
  • 04-22-2012 10:26 PM In reply to

• Gabatola
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2005
    • Posts 96
    • Points 1,135

We don't have time machines; therefore, we can't answer your question. 

Now, step away from the computer, and go play on the highway. 

• 04-23-2012 5:26 AM In reply to

• RobertL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 155

[Q] This thread serves no useful purpose. It's idiotic, and I'm getting a distinct impression of racism from it (White people are genetically defective black people). Reply: There’s no such thing as a genetically defective person in the way you infer. There are criminals and misfits and some rather interesting characters known as hermits, hoarders and cultists which description includes Christians, Catholics and born again believers. A broad generalisation of the ‘white man’ made by many American Red Indian’s in the 19th century would be [the] “White man speak with forked tongue”, or “ Blue eyes kill others”. Neither of these assertions are genetic but cultural. [Q] We don't have time machines; therefore, we can't answer your question. Now, step away from the computer, and go play on the highway. We do have time machines in the form of rocks, fossils, river bed sediment, cave drawings, and by studying animals and their colouration. For instance why do sheep always produce white wool. Darwin made huge advances in the progress of this subject. It is generally agreed the human race originated in Africa. Your last sentence I will leave to others to puzzle over?
  • 04-28-2012 3:44 PM In reply to

• Kfiddle
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-18-2011
    • Spokane, Washington
    • Posts 63
    • Points 885

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Albinism is a RECESSIVE GENE, just like red hair, blue eyes, or color blindness. In Africa in the time period you are suggesting, those with albinism could not have survived long enough to bear children with albinism if they were their own tribe. How does a tribe of the blind and easily burned survive alone in one of the brightest, most dangerous climates in the world? They don't. The Caucasian race originated as the human population grew and migrated northward. Dark skin was no longer a necessity. Indeed, it could have proved a hindrance. Natural selection ensues, and those with lighter skin survive and prosper. Skin generally becomes lighter generation by generation, until we have what we know today as Caucasians. Notice how "blacks" have different facial structures? We evolved in two totally different climates, and thus emerged with different colorations. There is no more to it.

• 04-28-2012 6:52 PM In reply to

• RobertL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 155

You must admit it's an interesting subject. Forum member Kfiddle reckons red hair and blue eyes are recessive genes. I was born with red hair, it turned blonde, now, 70 years later it was light-brown - now grey. So it looks as if my recessive genes won't sit still for 10 minutes. There's a lot of clever guys on this site, so I guess most of them know that if you keep chickens and run a hatchery breeding chickens, then they'll know that by adjusting the temperature of the incubator you can INFLUENCE the sex of the hatch, what this means If I remember correctly is if you turn the temperature up you get more hens and if you lower it you get more c-ock birds. I think this could indicate that THE AIR TEMPERATURE in which a baby is conceived whilst in the womb could influence not only it's sex, but also its colour. Here's another example: When I was young all the shops in England sold WHITE EGGS. Brown eggs were rare, anyway some very clever guy in Rhode Island, USA, reckoned that brown egg could be promoted as being better for you, that they were more attractive than white eggs, and brown eggs could be sold for 2 pence a dozen more that white eggs. So by selective breeding he bred the worlds most successful breed of chickens the RHODE ISLAND RED. A beautiful bird indeed which laid brown eggs. My argument is natural selection took place and in some areas lighter skinned people including those who had Albinism formed groups and created the caucasian race. An interesting argument is what is the real colour of the human race? Lets imagine we all lived on Mars, A martian Chairman Mao decides to invade the earth so he sends a few rocket loads of GREEN PEOPLE OVER. They live here a few billion years when Mao decides to pop over to see how there getting on, well, the question is what colour would they be, maybe the sun BLEACHES THEM, or maybe they get cooked in the womb and get browned off. Another question why does the SKIN COLOUR matter when we are all PINK underneath. Another question is when these Martians arrive it just so happens it's in the ICE AGE, and they lannded at the North Pole, so now what colour will there off-spring be. Another question: Black absorbs more heat than white, so are black people warmer than white people and did this influence the genetic code? From personal obesrvation I can tell you black people have warmer personalities than white people - so did blacks lose out by being kinder, nicer, more trusting and happier than whites, and did white people succeed better in life by being such a miserable lot with J D Rockefeller [Standard Oil] being a prime example. What we need to do is mate 100 women, split them into two groups, send one group to a warm climate, and the other group to a cold, wet, miserable climate like England, and chart the lives of their off-spring forever more. Applications forms for the male stud will be printed shortly. Regards to all. Bob. PS: We have had rain here for the last 14 days, in England summer is a day when it does'nt rain - so does rain affect crops, food values, and further along the chain skin colour? You know losing America was hell of a bad deal for the Brits - we got washed out over it?
  • 05-23-2012 2:03 AM In reply to

• Kfiddle
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-18-2011
    • Spokane, Washington
    • Posts 63
    • Points 885

Robert, you clearly do not understand the definition of a recessive gene. If I, having albinism, were to "mate", as you so crudely put it, with a normally colored man who did not carry the albinism gene, my children will have a mixture of what my skin should have been, and his. My family is a mixture of the Irish and Northern Europeans, so my child would most likely be pale, but were an albino of African descent to have children with an African non-carrier, their child would look entirely African. In the US, approximately 1 in 17,000 people will be born with albinism. Though in some parts of the world, like Tunisia, the occurrence can be as many as 1 in 50, this is the exception to the rule. Your point about heat determining the gender of chickens is true, the same is true of alligators. This is another adaption of their kind to ensure the continuation of their stock, nothing more. I recommend Albino Animals by Kelly Millner-Halls. It's directed towards elementary students, but the elementary explanation of basic genetics would do you good. I suppose you have some wildly far-fetched conspiracy theory about the origination of the Asian race too, but I don't want to hear it. Your claim is that of uneducated, and generally racist, ignoramuses. I've been told that on the street, by those such as you who know nothing about my condition but still have the audacity to walk up to me and attempt to teach me about my own genetic code. Your claim has been tested and proven repeatedly false by modern scientists. The "part albino" jokes that ignorant people make on a day to day basis are nothing more than that- ignorant folly. You either have albinism, or you do not. There is no in between. As far as your ridiculous claims about those of African descent being "kinder" than Caucasians, I pity you. People are people Robert. Some are cruel, some are kind. Some are ignorant, some bother to educate themselves before making obscene claims. I should hope you fall in the latter of each.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Ad: Get involved in research
Add our Google Gadget to your iGoogle page
Add to Google