NOAH AOC

The Albinism Online Community
Welcome to NOAH AOC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Ad: Reoommend a Dr.

Blond Fundus & Foveal Reflex Questions

Last post 12-28-2009 3:54 PM by NofBoypeneexy. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2002 12:00 AM

• jen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-10-2002
    • Posts 20
    • Points 1,030

Blond Fundus & Foveal Reflex Questions

Can someone tell me a little bit about what a blonde fundi and a dull foveal reflex means exactly? My daughter's PO threw these terms around, but really didn't explain them. The PO said sometimes people have blonde fundis when they have OC, but sometimes people without albinism have blonde fundis too. (We are trying to determine if our young infant daughter has OC). The PO also said something like the foveal reflex is dull.... what does that mean to my child?

The PO told me not to worry and that the child will see fine and everything is pretty mild, if there is a problem. But at the same time, I'd like to know what these terms are referring to.

Thanks.
    • Post Points: 50
  • 05-14-2002 12:00 AM In reply to

• Sheri
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2002
    • Hagerstown, MD
    • Posts 601
    • Points 6,690

Blond fundi & fovea reflex

I have been looking for the same answers. He is what I have so far. The macula is the relatively small part of the retina, located in the back of the eye; it should be yellowish in color and responsible for central vision. The word demarcation means without marking. (Blond fundi) The fovea is the point of sharpest, most acute visual acuity it’s in center of the macula, the fovea is important for fine vision, needed for such tasks as reading and recognizing faces. From the information I was able to evaluate and from a conversation with an optometrist, having no macular demarcation means without distinction of color. The result will be lack of fine vision.
    I have tried to find something about the fovea reflex. I can't find anything. An educated guess would be that the fovea doesn't contract or expand to tune vision but it is a guess. The macula is the relatively small part of the retina, located in the back of the eye; it should be yellowish in color and responsible for central vision. The word demarcation means without marking. The fovea is the point of sharpest, most acute visual acuity it’s in center of the macula, the fovea is important for fine vision, needed for such tasks as reading and recognizing faces. From the information I was able to evaluate and from a conversation with an optometrist, having no macular demarcation means without distinction of color. The result will be lack of fine vision.
    I lnow that there has to be more but this is the only thing Ihad trouble finding on the internet, Good luck, Sheri
    • Post Points: 5
  • 12-18-2009 2:15 AM In reply to

Предложите качественную интерактивную игрушку.

Племяннице двоюродной сестры исполняется 4 года, думаем, что подарить порекомендуйте, что интересно в этом возрасте детям. У нее любимая игрушка - мышонок Тич, намереваемся, может презентовать мишку http://www.sweetwear.ru/video1.php . Или порекомендуйте что-нибудь аналогичное.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Ad: Support NOAH Funding
Add our Google Gadget to your iGoogle page
Add to Google